La Bomba compliments the naturally rich flavour of our best quality tuna to produce a high protein, pasta dish with a spicy twist. Add as much La Bomba as you want to turn up the heat.
- 1 medium-sized onion finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil Aurora Extra Virgin Olive Oil 750ml
- 2 tablespoons of La Bomba Allessia La Bomba Hot Antipasto Spread 314ml (use more or less according to your spice preference)
- 1 can of diced tomatoes Aurora Diced Tomatoes (Pezzettoni) 398gr
- 1 1⁄2 cups of strained tomatoes Aurora Tomato Puree 660ml
- 1 jar of tuna Allessia Tuna in Olive Oil 190gr
- 500 grams of penne rigate Riscossa Penne Zite Rigate 500gr
- 1⁄3 cup of chopped parsley Aurora Fine Sea Salt 1kg
- - Sauté onion in oil until translucent 4-5 min.
- - Add La Bomba & tomatoes
- - Simmer med/low heat for 10-15 min.
- - Cook pasta in salted water as directed on pkg less 1 min.
- - Drain tuna and add to sauce just prior to adding pasta
- - Drain pasta in a colander reserving a little pasta water if necessary
- - Add cooked pasta to sauce & combine
- - Add a little pasta water if necessary
- - Let simmer over med/low heat for 1-2 min.
- - Turn off heat, add fresh parsley & serve